10/19/2019 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
10/20/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
405 Kramer Rd, Oakwood, Ohio 45419
The Details: Saturday, OCT 19: 9am - 4pm; Sunday, OCT 20: 10am - 4pm. A sign in list will be posted outside the front door at 8am. The full address will update on all advertisements on Friday. No early birds. Close roadside parking is available, but please pay attention to any NO PARKING signs put out by Oakwood Police. Also of note - no road signs are permitted in Oakwood, so be sure you have the address for your GPS, or directions printed.
This magnificent house was home to a family of Dayton’s most influential philanthropists and socialites. Our clients founded Vanguard Concerts in 1962 in an effort to enrich the musical culture in Dayton. Extraordinary young talent in the beginning of their musical careers were recruited to play concerts hosted at the Dayton Art Institute (such as Richard Goode, Christopher O’Riley, and Ann Marie McDermott, and the Tokyo String Quartet). The program quickly caught on, and remained immensely popular for more than 50 years. They also donated any proceeds directly to the Dayton Art Institute, effectively benefiting multiple local facets of art and music in their endeavors. The Art Institute continued to host the classical concerts until 2016, at which point the University of Dayton extended the Vanguard Legacy, continuing the high-caliber concerts in the Sears Recital Hall.
We are excited and humbled to be able to open the same home that entertained so many of those classical musicians to you - to present some truly once in a lifetime opportunities to acquire some fantastic home furnishings, artwork, Karastan rugs, and memorabilia. Trust me when I tell you that our clients had impeccable taste, and here you will find not only some rustic, earthy furniture like antique dining tables and pie safes, but some amazing artwork (some that they acquired from their dealings with the Dayton Art Institute) and a huge collection of books and tons of designer retro / vintage clothing, purses, bags, shoes, boots, and accessories! There’s kitchenware, a vintage glass front gun safe filled with shotguns and rifles for sale, reloading equipment, tools, power tools, antique wrought iron patio sets, a Mid Century Modern hanging Mobile, Mid Century Sculptura chairs by Russell Woodard, huge Capodimonte centerpieces, Grand Baroque Sterling silver flatware by Wallace, glass front barrister’s bookcases, grand Hollywood Regency style tables and huge Oculus style wall size mirrors, vintage toys, fantastic bedroom suites, office furnishings and supplies, vintage darkroom photography equipment, a huge Macrame exhibit with hanger, Dresden china, and much, much more!
Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight, 20 GA, 2 ¾ chamber;
Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight, 16 GA;
Ithaca Model 37R Deluxe Featherlight, 12 GA;
Winchester Model 37 Steelbilt 410;
Winchester Model 70 .22 Hornet;
Browning 12 GA;
Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight, 20 GA;
Crossman .22 Pellet Gun;
Mossburg and Sons C45A .22 SSLR;
Remington Arms 35 Gamemaster Model 141.
THE CARS -
1986 FORD MUSTANG LX/GT:
REAR WHEEL DRIVE,
1998 FORD EXPLORER:
4 DOOR SUV,
REAR WHEEL DRIVE W/ 4X4,
We do not reveal prices before the sale opening, we do not pre-sell, and we cannot hold any items. EVERY ITEM IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED, period. The Pope himself would have to wait his place in line. We have sold stickers available upon entry - just let us know you need some! Please address any questions / comments in person at the sale. If you are trying to contact us in regards to these items prior to the sale, we will try our best to get back to you, but our first priority is hosting a quality event (texting is recommended). Contacting us the day before the sale will be next to impossible, so if you have questions, please give us an extra day to get back to you. Please see below for information regarding entrance numbers and sale procedures.
Feel free to follow us on facebook at www.Facebook.com/PrincipalEstateSalesOhio! If you’re in the market for an estate sale, we provide free consultations, so give us a call (937.270.7701), or schedule online here - HTTPS://PRINCIPAL.AS.ME
---Terms and Conditions:---
1. ENTER THIS PREMISES AT YOUR OWN RISK. PRINCIPAL ESTATE SALES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, VEHICLES OR PERSONS. NEITHER IS THE HOMEOWNER.
2. ENTRY: To prevent excess wear and tear and/or damage to the residence, a maximum of 25 people will be permitted inside at any given time. Kept at capacity as people exit, usually the waiting time is minimal. ENTRY NUMBERS: A sign in list will be posted on the front door of the premises! We expect everyone will behave in a fair and dignified manner with regard to the self regulating nature of this process. If you are not present when your name is called, you will be bumped to the back of the line.
3. PAYMENT for items may be made via cash or credit card. An additional 3% convenience fee will be added to credit card purchases, and proper ID is required.
4. ALL SALES FINAL. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS. WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
5. ROADSIDE PARKING ONLY. Driveway reserved for large item pick up. Please park safely and legally at all times. Principal Estate Sales is not responsible for any accidents, damage, fines, tickets, theft, injury or any other mishap that can occur as a result of parking on a public street. Neither is the homeowner. Please be respectful of neighbors.
6. BRING HELP TO LOAD ITEMS. We do not offer moving services for large items. We do, however, have a decently priced company we can refer you to - ask us for their card! All items must be removed by 3pm Sunday, unless other arrangements are made PRIOR to purchase.
7. BE RESPECTFUL, COURTEOUS, USE COMMON SENSE. ANY VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL. Principal Estate Sales is not liable for any falls, injuries, and/or accidents incurred on premises. Neither is the homeowner.
8. OFFER BOX: You may leave an offer on any item. PLEASE NOTE: A written offer is considered a legally binding contract.
9. HOLDING STATION: If you start a pile, you are required to purchase EVERY item in it. Your pile is ALL OR NOTHING. It is unfair to other customers, and our clients, if you pull an item from the sale, only to put it back - we have then missed multiple opportunities to sell it.
10. CHILDREN must be DIRECTLY supervised at all times. No exceptions. The risk of them being hurt is too great.
11. PLAY NICE. Admittance into our estate sales is at the sole discretion of the sale director, and may be revoked at any time, for any reason.